Monday, October 11, 2010

Sluggish Monday

I think the coffee is broken. It isn't working at all. And I'm feeling completely overwhelmed by the clutter and mess. We have too much stuff. The girls make constant messes. I need to head over to the Lazy Moms blog to pick up a few pointers on training my children to clean up after themselves.

I am feeling completely unmotivated, but at least someone is getting something done:

Since he's refused to nap at least he's being productive!

So, here is the domestic duty list of the week, first dailys, then the extras:

Daily:
Dishes/kitchen - 3x daily!
Laundry: Going for three loads today then one load per day this week to avoid overload.

Now, let's try to organize extras (which really just means the cleaning that should be considered routine!):

Monday: Bread baking! I love to do this, but didn't make it happen last week so we suffered through store-bought bread that just didn't cut it. One good thing is that I ate less.

Tuesday: Windows! The tiny hand prints are no longer cute! There are too many layers of them and the sun shines through at peak times now!

Wednesday: Entry closet. Time to make room for the coats. I have ideas, but they'll require the handy-husband.
Steam couches. No, I didn't get this done last week.

Thursday: Play with kids! They deserve more attention then the house, I declare!

Friday: De-clutter. Tidy basement. Dust/Vacuum.

Weekends only include the daily duties.

Two other main points to deal with this week: Baby weight loss and attitude adjustments.

Baby weight: Ok, I stopped nursing nearly two months ago. Those last ten pounds should have fallen off by now, but I guess that isn't going to happen the third time around. Actually, it only happened after the second since I was pregnant the second time long before I stopped nursing the first (they are only 15-months apart). Oh, and since I was teaching Kindermusik after #2 I was actually quite active and in reasonable shape.

Currently I'm using caffeine to get me moving in the morning and a glass (ok, or two... or three) of wine in the evening to relax. Vicious circle. Since my coffee is usually a mocha I'm going to cut out the chocolate, which should cut nearly 100 calories a day. And I'll be limiting myself to one glass of wine after the kiddos are in bed. Furthermore, I shall increase water consumption ten-fold!

Since the weather is rather nice this week I'm going to walk to pick-up the kids from school. That's 30-minutes round-trip and should get the job done. Meaning I expect/want/hope to lose 2lbs this week.

Attitude Adjustments: I need to get my motivation on for parenting this week. The back-talk and tantrums have gotten out of control. I had a good talk last night with the girls about the behavior I expect from them this week. Respectful voices, good listening, no fits! More on this topic tomorrow. It's time to clean the kitchen.

What are your goals for the week? Anyone want to join me in my weight-loss effort?

8 comments:

  1. Following you back, I like the schedule, and I would love to join you on this weight challenge. I need the support group, I want to lose about 50 lbs. but we will see.
    Tchoplin2009@gmail
    Please e-mail me and we will get started on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I switched from skinny lattes to Americano and I have more energy than I know what to do with, not to mention I've cut the calories from my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for join Fowllow me Monday.
    Have a nice day.
    Nan
    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com
    http://qualitytime-nan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog:) I look forward to becoming bloggy friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Broken coffee is a very bad thing (:-o If I can make a suggestion - just have regular coffee - it contains a lot less calories :-) Also, walking briskly for 20-30 minutes daily is a great way to lose weight so I definitely encourage you to walk to school to pick up the kids!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog - hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! *waves*

    Thanks for the mention!

    The Lazy Mom
    www.imalazymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Over from SITS~ You have a great blog! I'm a bit of a (wannabe) domestic goddess myself... I love this idea of blogging your goals for the week~ I make lists constantly on notepads and my desktop, but maybe a post would be a good motivator too! Have a great day, i'll be back! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your blog and I wish I was as organized as you are.
    Hannah P.S.
    Join the fun, submit a cute photo or funny photo to my website contest. Then encourage your friends to vote and watch the results to see how many viewers vote for your photo. NO entry fee. $2,000 of prizes annually. www.FunnyPhotosContest.com.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think!