Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Domestic Duties

I noticed on Monday that writing this blog actually made me feel more accountable for the state of my home! As if proclaiming I am a domestic goddess will actually push me to become one. The law of attraction in action! I actually did finish the laundry, with just one load left for the following day. Last night I managed to bathe all three children and finish that last load of the week! Amazing.

So, I've decided to make a list of the required and desired domestic duties here on the blog. Seeing it in print and for all the world (ok, like 15 of you) to see will force me into getting it all done in a timely manner.

Today: kitchen! To date I haven't managed to get the kitchen cleaned before taking the kids to school - they go M/W/F. It's typically clean before I go to bed, so it's just putting away the dishes and cleaning up after breakfast. On school days I have a habit of pushing it back and pushing it back... So, there's that.

Tomorrow/Thursday: Dust and Vacuum! And bake some bread. I didn't do that this past weekend and we're out and feeling deprived. We bought a baguette from the store the other night and it was like eating paper. Not that I eat paper often enough to know...

Friday: Finally use the borrowed steamer on my carpets and couches! I've had this for nearly two weeks (since my cat vomited worms - ick!), but haven't used it yet.

So, be sure to check back and make me feel bad if I haven't completed the above tasks on their due dates! I'll be happy to do the same for you. :)

Gotta run... baby's either eating a plant or a puzzle piece!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard! We take Lazy Moms in all stages! :)

    Stacey
    The Lazy Mom
    www.imalazymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you have beat me on the laundry. Mine has been staring at me all week and I have yet to fold it up...so you make me feel like a slacker!!! I'll fold it up tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Stacey!
    Mimi, I'm sure you'll catch up. You're about to have your MBA. You're no slacker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all of your comments! I went to reply to them, but you are a no-reply commenter! Coffee is what gets me through the day. Since my diet I've opted for Americano since I haven't have my skinny vanilla latte. I like the idea of cocoa powder in coffee, and I will have to make sure I don't get the find stuff next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am one who has to make a list everyday, even for household chores, or NOTHING will get done. I have faith in you, you go girl...
    I found you at Blog Frog and am now a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, I'd be the same way. I'd have the vacuum for 2 weeks and it would become a dust collector. Have you started your steam cleaning task for the day? I'm not a morning person so I wouldn't get to it until much later.

    ~Mimi from the BlogFrog
    http://marvelousmomreviews.blogspot.com
    http://wovenbywords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think!