Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm the choir mom!

This single thing thrills me. Yesterday, I took my 5-year-old to choir practice and the manager of the Academy asked me to be the choir mom for my daughter's group! Now, it's a bit silly to be so excited, as my only responsibilities are to take roll, help the girls to/in the bathroom and pass out the snack during their 5-minute break, but I'm happy nonetheless! I've been in choirs since I was 12 and to see her involved in something that has brought such joy to my life is amazing. And I get to be a part of it. No matter how small, it matters.

What joy do you share with your children?

2 comments:

  1. Well, my daughter is only 7 months, but I can tell she is going to be funny, and I love that we laugh at eachother.

    motherhoodmusicandbeer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think!