Thursday, October 21, 2010

Catch-up day!

Well, I've been a total slacker this week. Yes, the kitchen has been cleaned everyday, but I still haven't steamed anything and I'm behind on the laundry. And the kids need to be bathed! Well, two out of three anyway.

Do you remember a time before you had children? Thinking you were so very busy and there weren't enough hours in the day! Then you had baby and you couldn't believe how much time you wasted before kids?!

For moms of 2: Do you remember how busy you thought you were with one baby? Then baby #2 came along and you reminisced about how much time you didn't realize you had with only one child?

Vintage Humor Retro 50's "I Child Proofed My House, but They Still Get In" Wall ClockFor moms of 3: Do you remember how easy it was with two?! You and your husband could pair off and it was easy as pie. You may never have looked in each other's eyes once during a meal, but you shared the work and only had to deal with one at a time when you were together? Now you hardly notice your husband at all during a meal with the kids, you never have a free-hand, something or someone ALWAYS needs to be cleaned and the house needs as much attention as the kids because the kids are constantly leaving tornadoes in their wakes!

For moms of 4 and more: You must have so much love that you don't even notice the insanity anymore. Yay for you! Psychotherapy should be free at this point. I am one of 4. I know my mom could have really used it. :)
(love you, Mom, you're the best...)

Today's To-Dos:

Finish Laundry (two loads to fold/hang)
Vacuum
Steam couches (maybe if I start small I'll do it)

That is it. Besides the usual kitchen clean-up 3 to 5 times a day. Seriously, how many times a day do you clean your kitchen?

Updates:

I have cut down on the mochas and wine, but the scale has gone in the wrong direction. I'm blaming PMS, because I really have been being good!

The cat is still missing. Time to mention it to the girls. TMI ALERT: I noticed strange poop in the litter box. It is not Meena's. Meena, however, acted quite strangely the day Milo went missing and has nervously licked away a large patch of hair on her back. Think she knows something we don't. I know other people are dealing with far more difficult things in their lives. I'm grateful for everything I do have and the health of my family. I still miss my cat. See: Perspective

11 comments:

  1. I totally remember how tired I was after working all day, and then The Boy came around and now I can't believe I complained so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So True. I only have one and I don't even have time to sleep! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember all of that. I can't believe how messy my house was with one baby. Then my second baby came, and then the third, then fourth. It helps to slow down, and remember your goal! Oh and I HATE laundry :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate laundry too. So, so very much. But, I LOVE your site Retha!!! Have I mentioned that before?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sit back and wonder sometimes what I was alwasy so busy with before parenthood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a mom of one and I totally agree with you- I thought there weren't enough hours in the day before, ha! And, don't worry about it, I clean my kitchen at least 4 times a day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining NorulesSBH... I will appreciate if you grab the hop's button and share it with your friends.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am mom to 6. Yes, I remember it all, not in order.

    You did hit a point where one is just one more. I love the heck out of all of them. The teen years are going to kill one of us, tho :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am new follower from your Blog Frog post. Is there a linky for the blog hop? Would love for you to come visit me at Savings Corner. http://www.savingscorner.org. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three's my limit. Thankfully I have a terrific husband (truly a gift) who has helped out a whole lot over the years. I'm truly blessed.

    Peace,
    Michelle at http://greenearthbazaar.com ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm right there with ya -- trying to cut down on Chai Latte's and wine but still not losing these last lbs. Need to get back with the program for real I guess. Visiting from SITS BlogFrog - Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think!