Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ready to Get Famous? Don't Miss this Blogging Resource Review

I was going to write an entire opening about how I discovered Lisa and her blog, www.mompreneurmogul.com, and how timely that discovery was, but instead I'm just going to get straight to the review. However, instead of a traditional review where I tell you what the book is about and give you my thoughts on it, I'm simply going to document my experience and results. Read on. 

The ebook Get Famous ROCKS! It is more than a book; it is a guide, a how-to manual, a reference that I now leave up on my computer's desktop most of the time! It is a must have resource for beginner AND experienced bloggers. I'm not getting paid to write this. I did get a complimentary copy of the book to review and I'll tell you what's happened since, after utilizing just a few, repeat: just a few out of the many tips in her book.

1. Exposure - My stats have gone from 1,500 views a month to around 2,400, my Twitter followers tripled in one week, my Alexa rank changed by 1 million in just a couple of weeks and my Klout score has jumped from 20 to 36. I'm still watching my Google Page Rank, but I switched from blogspot.com to my own .com during this time and it took me back down to 0. I was at 2 with blogspot, now I'm back up to 1.

2. I am getting pitched! Writers are asking to guest post on my blog and companies are pitching me! I've been contacted by several authors for book reviews and companies are emailing me to ask if I'll review their valuable products for giveaways! This just makes me giddy.

3. $$$ - When I examine strictly the paid posts from advertisers I've received, my monthly income from blogging has gone from between $0 and $20 to $30 and $100. If you add in the value of the products I've received, in just one month I've earned around $300.

4. Confidence - You can't pay for it, but it is something Lisa naturally inspires. Her "voice" is unique, uplifting and motivational. What she communicates throughout the book and every day in her blog is her belief in YOU. She makes others feel good about themselves. She's open, honest and funny! Her "can do anything" attitude has helped me gain the confidence to reach out to authors and businesses that I'm interested in working with, to approach parenting websites for pro-blogger jobs, to start (another!) new business (coming soon!) and take my own leap into self-publishing! Her typos inspired me to offer proofreading and polishing services (if you find any in her book it's because she was too eager to get it out to you to let me finish the final read-through! ;) and I've even started copy writing/editing for a local business woman!

5. Friendship - One of Lisa's tips is to reach out and comment on 5 blogs a day. Now, this might not seem like a big deal, but once you start actively doing this, you really can make some amazing friends! I've made one in Lisa and I'm not alone. She is one of the most supportive, genuine and helpful bloggers I've ever "met"  and you'll reap the rewards of her influence.

So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and GET FAMOUS!

***Disclaimer - Lisa doesn't guarantee results and neither do I. You get out of life what you put into it. The same goes for this excellent ebook!


15 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like an awesome guide to have! I can't believe the difference in your stats. You must be pretty excited about the attention your blog is getting...and it's well deserved too! ;) Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Anyone serious about blogging needs it! Thank you as always for your comments!! You're a great bloggy friend too, Brandi!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! What a wonderful endorsement for your blog and such a great review for a book it sounds like we all need. Going to pop over and explore it now. Wonderful!

    Happy seeing beautiful!
    http://seeabeautifulworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Lydia! I love the name of your blog! I'm off to visit you now!

      Delete
  3. You are so wonderful !! :)) What Tamara ( owner of this blog) neglected to tell you is how many days and hours she poured over my book fixing my typos and grammar. I saw a video of Robert Kiyosaki he said " I'm not a writer I'm an entrepreneur" LOL that's how I felt. But I am so grateful for someone like you Tamara, who fixed all the small details so the story of the big picture could be clearly told. I really feel so happy to have crossed paths with you and I expect a lifelong friendship with you. And I am so happy to hear that your blog prospered and grew because of my book. It makes the late hours of work for months on end worth it! You are amazing. http://www.mompreneurmogul.com/get-famous/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and she's totally right about the typo if you see one it's my fault ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Informative and thoughtful review. I'm not surprised to read such a rave because the information Lisa shares on her site is helpful too. She is very positive and inspiring!
    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Kelly! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I am so happy that you have gotten these results Tamara! Great review of the book! Everyone should have this book in their library, I am glad I do! ~LisaL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! Me too! It's an exciting time for me and I agree, every blogger should have this book! Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!

      Delete
  7. Hi! I'm just dropping by to say... Congratulations!

    More power and blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think!