Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday Tips & Tricks: Leftover Lemons

What do you do with your lemons after squeezing out as much juice as you can into sparkling water, over a chicken your going to roast or a dash to brighten up some pasta? We (meaning my husband) usually leave them sitting next to the sink.

But I've discovered a trick! Move over scrub brushes and sponges! Take your leftover lemon and scrub your sink. Seriously. Not the peel side; use that to hold onto. Then, just scrub as if you're using a sponge and watch the grime come right off!


Give your sink a rinse to remove pulp and then a quick wipe with a dry towel or cloth and there you have it! A clean sink that smells great!

Do you have a tip or trick to share with my readers? I'd love to feature you!
Email me at adgmommy (at) gmail (dot) com!!

9 comments:

  1. Great idea! I thought that using the lemon juice was good enough. I can use the rind, which holds the lemon oil, will work wonders for wood tables-i.e. natural Pledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of using lemons on my kitchen sink but that's a great idea! I scrub my left over lemons on my garbage cans... that's after I wiped it clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's interesting using a lemon to clean your sink. Never heard of that, I might have to try it when I have some lemons in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome tip! In the summer I use lemon juice to lighten my hair. It works great as a natural lightener. Now I know what I can use the rest of it for!
    Angela Michels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip! I have a leftover lemon in my fridge right now just waiting to be used for something. I will usually just put the rind in my disposal. It smells so much better after I grind up the rind in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to leave fresh lemon juice in the fridge to get the stale odors out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome tips! I love learning new ways to use things that are leftover :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had never thought of that! We use lemons regularly in cooking and such but when we are done with them they go in the garbage...thanks for the great tip. I love the smell of lemon but had no idea it was at all effective and cleaning the sink. Get a clean sink and smells great too, what a wonderful idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to use leftover lemons. I use them also by pouring some sea salt on a half and rubbing it on my elbows and knees - great exfoliator.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think!