Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A clean kitchen - ever hear of that?!

As a Stay-at-home (trying to work from home) mother I despise the constant cycle of clean kitchen/messy kitchen. I'm writing here now to procrastinate putting away the dishes for the second time, vacuuming for the second time, putting away crayons and colorings for the third time and all the joys and wonders that go along with it all. The baby will wake in moments (especially as his big sisters keep jumping and screaming in the bedroom next door to him), I've no idea what's for dinner and I'd much rather be writing anyway.

If you've got little ones at home, I'd love to know how many times a day do you clean up? For me it's between 4 and 6 times a day on average. Breakfast, 10am snack, lunch, 3pm snack, dinner for the kids, dinner for the parents. How many hours a day are spent (wasted) on this vicious cycle?! Add to that the trail of toys and clothes. I try to tidy only three times a day: once before lunch, once before dinner and once after bedtime. Note that the tidy times just happen to coincide with the arrival of my dear husband! I usually get a break from the after-bed tidy as he does it while I'm putting the monkeys away. I mean to bed.

Back to the grind now. More tomorrow on birthdays cakes and insane bread baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, tell me what you think!