Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Boys are different

I had my two daughters just 15 months apart. The boy came along three years later. I had rather gotten used to girls. They can get loud and obnoxious (like their mom), but they aren't overly physical and they are rarely destructive.

The boy is now 2-years-old. Every 2-year-old is a whirlwind of activity, curiosity and discovery, but boy, are boys different than girls.

My boy is like the Energizer Bunny. Remember those commercials? He just keeps going and going and going. My house is a complete disaster 3 seconds after I've tidied it! And he loves to "help Mama." You moms know what this means! He wants to unload the dishwasher (wine glasses and knives, oh my!), vacuum the floor (or the wall, or the chairs) and see how far he can throw every toy he has (don't throw hard things!)... at glass tables or his sisters.

By 6pm on days when I've stayed home with him, which frankly is most days, my head is ready to explode! He's just so busy. The girls can literally spend hours coloring and drawing. He draws for about one-minute and then throws the crayons all over the room, rips up all the paper and stands on the table. I swear that happens in under 10 seconds.

Boys are different. But, I've discovered that they are special, too. I have never been looked at the way that boy looks at me. That sweet smile, those bright eyes and those kissable cheeks make me melt no matter how big of a mess he makes. Boy, I love my boy!


Just look at those cheeks! Who could resist?

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. I laughed out loud at the throwing the crayons and standing on the table. As a mom of 3 girls, I am pretty sure I would have a heart attack if one of them did that!! Haha. I am a new follower and found you through the Blog Hop! Hope you hop over to Surrounded by Pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I love this post! As a Mama to 3 boys, and just one girl, I can so relate. :) All of my boys do that, all of the time. And since my girl is raised with all boys, she tends to take after the boy'ish antics fairly well herself. But I so agree with your final paragraph. There is no child that can melt our hearts like our little boys can!
    I found you through Frugal Living's Blog Hop! I'm over at www.MountainOfSpices.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I had my daughter 10 years ago and my son 3 years ago. My husband and I always find ourselves saying I don't remember DD doing this. My son has the most energy I have ever seen! But like you he is so special and I wouldn't change a thing about him :)

    I am a new follower from Welcome Wednesday!

    Erika - My Road to Savings
    http://myroadtosavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think!