Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Are you the only you out there?

Ever wonder if there is anyone out there pretending to be you? Or just borrowing “you” for a while to suit their needs? Then, on they go to the next unsuspecting individual. Sadly, for the honest majority, this is the way some people live their lives.

Over the Christmas shopping season a huge, unknown charge showed up on my Visa debit card. This was not a good time for credit card fraud and it got me thinking about identity theft. One of my daughters often gets mail for car loans, auto-insurance and other things a 5-year-old clearly doesn't need. So, I started looking into getting some protection. IdentityHawk is a leader in identity theft protection.

There are many companies out there offering their services, but what I like about Identity Hawk is that their protection is comprehensive. Instead of paying one company for credit report monitoring and another for identity theft protection, I can get both in one. Plus, they offer identity theft insurance, so if it does happen to you, you won't experience a huge financial loss on top of the emotional one.

Fortunately, my bank rocks and within a few days I had a new card and the fraudulent charges were reversed. I feel very fortunate and grateful for that. Yet, I'm still wondering if there is someone out there using my little girl's name and identity to live a life that doesn't quite belong to them. It's time for me to find out.

*** I may be compensated for this post, but all opinions and experiences noted are mine and true.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tam! Found you again!
    Miss you, love you....look forward to reading your blog!
    Valarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valarie! I've been thinking about you for two weeks straight! Even tried to find you on the big www! Miss you! Catch up on my life by reading and email me either at the email I've always had (which I don't publish here) or at adgmommy (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agencies have to be careful in storing information. There are shredding services los angeles that can destroy those documents.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, tell me what you think!