Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday Tidbits

Isn't it funny how when you stop chasing after something, it comes right to you? Have you ever noticed this? For months I've been blogging and joining bloggy networks and review networks and the like and not much came of it. I was hoping to eventually make some money from blogging, get free stuff for reviewing things and generally just getting something back from my investment. But then, as you may know, I started working and haven't paid much attention to the blog lately. Since I stopped pursuing reviews I've been contacted by two companies! So, I'm going to do reviews only for those who contact me and not hunt them down anymore.

Speaking of reviews, I just wanted to give you my 2 cents on a few things I've encountered lately. These are unsolicited reviews!

Tangled (the Movie) - Loved it. I took my two daughters to see this last week. That is only their second movie in a movie theater and we were the only ones in the room! That was fun and the movie was great! There were a few scenes that made me cringe, but my girls handled the few fighting scenes without any reaction. I got misty at the end of it and overall the 3 of us thoroughly enjoyed it!

Bissell All-in-One sweeper steamer - I like the fact that I can steam immediately after I sweep an area, but the problem lies in it being a sweeper and not a vacuum. I'm wishing I'd spent the $20 more on the Shark Vac & Steam, or purchased it from the TV to get the better price + the handheld steamer! But my husband won't let me buy it now that we have the Bissell.

Bottle top Wine Aerators - These really work! At least this one! It is amazing. My husband and I did several tests with this very aerator, which can be found at the bottom of the page from this link. If you love a good, full-bodied red wine, but don't typically take the time to decant it or let it breathe, this thing ages the wine by about a year just by pouring the wine through it into your glass. We poured one glass straight from the bottle without this and one with this and the difference was immense. It opens up the wine, smooths out the rough edges and makes it so much more enjoyable! I've sold at least one at every wine-tasting I've done recently just by doing two pours of the same wine, one without and then with the aerator. So, if you love your reds, invest in one of these!

Have a beautiful Tuesday and enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, tell me what you think!