Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday Tips & Tricks - Be nice and submit yours!

Dear Readers,

I would love to feature your tip and trick on my blog!! You will be featured with links back to your blog, so we all win! Please e-mail me at adgmommy(at)gmail(dot)com


Today's tip and trick is some good advice my mother frequently gave my brothers and sister and me:

"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!"

This might not seem like much of a trick, but in fact it is a superb trick for your well-being. It is a human's natural instinct to complain. But instead of making us feel better, it typically makes us feel worse and makes everyone around us feel worse too! Studies show that venting is not a release at all, but in fact a way to reinforce those feelings of unhappiness. So, the next time you're about to spit out some venom, close your mouth instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, tell me what you think!